Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, January 19, 2009

things i love

my girlfriend charlotte recommended a website to me a few months ago and i *love* it. everything is handmade. if you can think of something you want that is handmade, i'm sure you can find it here.


have you discovered this amazing movie once?
it's a irish love story with music,
but it's not a musical - at least not in the traditional sense.
it's a simple story with lots of heart.
this movie and the music won't leave me.
someday i hope to add it to my movie collection here at home.
it's that good.



christopher came back from starbucks a few weekends
ago with a different drink than my beloved chai tea latte.
the first words he spoke when he came through the front door
were "this is NOT chai, but the gal at starbucks
(who he and finn are on a first name basis with),
was SURE i'd love this brand new drink they just got in.
she told him it was much healthier than my usual chai -
less fat, sugar and had more antioxidants, yet it was still sweet and had a creamy foam.
well i must say, christopher did well.
the vanilla rooibos tea latte is my new favorite drink!
i must limit myself to just one a week.


this japanese children's film 'My Neighbor Totoro' is amazing!
the boys and i watched it last summer and fell in love with it.
we enjoyed it so much, we had to share with others so we
hosted a 'kid's movie night' and invited a slew of kids to watch
it in the backyard. this was the first movie we've ever shown
that kept EVERY child seated the entire time. this is almost unheard of. 
if you haven't seen it yet, do!
you'll understand why it's so popular and has won so many awards.
thank you uncle todd for sharing it with us. love it!
(oh and the music is gorgeous)



i discovered these shoes at a little children's resale boutique shop
here in pacific beach about a year ago. the store only stocks new pairs
and they have so many cute styles! i had a tough time deciding which pair
to get for scoutie. they are perfect for early walkers - so comfy and durable.
the little girls shoes are even cuter -
i couldn't resist purchasing a pair for my friend's new baby girl, paige.

i can't omit my family in my list of things i love,
as they are the only thing I couldn't live without!
i love my boys. they are a breath of fresh air and renew me every day.
my extended family is great too and i feel lucky to be part of
two amazing families - the shappards and the gerber clan. both are
big and can be overwhelming and challenging at times,
especially since there are so many dynamic personalities.
i remind myself that's what makes life interesting and what makes them special.
even with all our idiosyncrasies, we still accept and love each other.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.