Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, January 26, 2009

our special day

i took today off work so finn and I could have a mommy and son day.
i wanted to do something extra special to celebrate his 5th birthday (which is actually tomorrow).

so what did we do? i took him to legoland. i had planned it weeks before the big day, but i only told finn about it a week ago as waiting any longer that he had would just be torture for him.

though it was forecasted to rain, it was a perfect day. the threat of rain kept most away and we almost felt like we had the park to ourselves. we rode every ride except for two - finn was too short for one and the other well, he said it was "too scary" i was secretly happy for this as it looked like one that might make me ill the rest of the day. he was tall enough to ride a smaller rollercoaster and we rode it 6 times! finn screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time - just for fun.

for most of the day, finn was beaming and holding my hand everywhere we went, so happy to have me all to himself (a rare thing these days). i equally enjoyed being by his side - just mom, with no other people competing for my attention. out of the blue, he said, "mommy this is a great day. i love you" *sniff*

finn may never remember today, but i don't think i'll forget it.
happy birthday sweet finn.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.