Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, January 19, 2009

promise me dear friend

promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- christopher robin to pooh

i received a very long email from a dear friend today.
a wonderful woman i've know since I was about 8 years old.

i don't think there was a period of time growing up that we were apart for more than a week's time.
we were two peas in a pod - the tomboys of the neighborhood and like sisters.
we've been through so much together and over the last year or so, i hadn't heard much from her.

she explained that she had taken some much needed time for her -
focusing on her education and raising her young son.
i understood completely and had never once questioned her friendship.
i reassured her that no matter what challenges come our way and how infrequent we talk,
our friendship will remain.

to my dear friend, promise me you'll always remember how amazing you are.
i certainly will.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.