Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, January 23, 2009

give me a J

for auntie jen!
scoutie is 18 months now and his vocabularly is increasing. a few nights ago, i was listening to my voice messages over speaker so i could have my hands free while i was preparing dinner. my sister jen's voice came across the speaker and scoutie's face lit up and he said "aunt jen". this was the FIRST time he's ever said her name (at least that i could distinguish as her name), but it was clear enough and in context. he said it again and reached for the phone. i quickly said let's call aunt jen. we did and then put her on speaker phone so she could hear her nephew say her name. it was a celebratory moment. jen loved it, i loved it and scout was all smiles. he's on his way to speaking. we love ya aunt jen! see you soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.