Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

the shack

the shack is the title of a book i recently read and had a hard time putting down. it's not a book i even had on my 'reading list' but when i came across it and the library, and read the back cover, i just had to get it. i recalled a conversation with a friend who had read it. she said she *really* enjoyed it and it made her think. i don't think she even told me what the story was about, but she was passionate about it and that's what i remembered.

i completed the book in just 3 sittings over a week. it made me think about the trinity in ways i had NEVER even thought of. in a nutshell, it's a story of pain, forgiveness and healing. the author, william young, presents god as approachable and ultimately good - even though there is so much evil in the world. it left me hopeful and feeling warm and fuzzy all over.

i recommend this book to anyone of any faith and background. if i could, i would buy a copy for all of my loved ones, but since i can't, i'll just post here. you can learn a little more about this book and the author at this website.

for a quick overview click on 'back cover'. if you read it, please share what you thought with me. (mom, i know you are reading right now - can't wait for you to finish).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.