Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

running on empty



christopher called me on my cell at work yesterday morning which is unusual.
he mentioned he was walking to the gas station. he explained that the volvo ran out of gas.
we had traded cars the day before and i hadn't noticed it was on fumes. *oops*!

though we live just 8 blocks from the gas station, he couldn't even make it there. i felt horrible.
i learned later, the gas station wouldn't loan him a gas can and since we didn't need a second one,
he called christi. fortunately she was home and grabbed our gas can from our storage and brought to him.

once again - christi to the rescue. i tell ya, she could compete with super nanny anyday!
what made this incident post-worthy is the way christopher handled it. if it was me,
i would have been so angry and probably given him a new earhole.
he on the otherhand kept a sense of humor teasing me that i'm spoiled because i usually drive the prius and never have to fill the tank.

it's true, i only fill up about twice a month and i drive every day.
he knows how crazy things have been for me at work, and that not only was the car running on empty,
but me too.

he is a good man - a better person that me in SO many ways.
to try to show my appreciation, i made fresh veggies and salmon with a brown sugar glaze for dinner -
a simple yet delish recipe christi shared with us a few months ago that we just love.
i should mention that while c was walking to the gas station, he got a parking ticket.
it was a street sweeping day - *double oops*!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.