Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, June 15, 2009

patience

patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances,
which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation
without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain,
especially when faced with longer-term difficulties.
it is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast.
- wikipedia


 

my husband, christopher paul gerber, fits the description of a patient person pretty darn well.
sure he has times when he loses it like all of us, but the majority of the time he remains calm under pressure.
it's just his way.

i admire this quality because i'm not like this.  between his job and the boys and i,
we certainly give him lots of opportunities to be otherwise. today was another example of this.

here's what happened:

mondays mornings are *always* tough for me .
i cram alot into my weekends and am generally tired or exhausted the time monday mornings roll around. 
i try to get a headstart by having my work outfit set out, lunches for the little guys packed, and my purse and laptop by the front door so i can grab and go. this morning my routine was off, and i didn't realize until i pulled up to the office that i didn't have my laptop. *arrr*!

i quickly called christopher who was just greeting christi as she arrived at the house
(she's back and feeling better - YAY!). the timing wasn't good, but he took a second to listen to my dilemma and responded, i'm sort of heading that way later this morning for a jobsite meeting. i can bring it to you if you'd like.

me: deep breath. i responded "yes, that would be wonderful. thank you!!"
two hours later he was at my office - with my laptop.
he actually brought it right to my desk, gave me a quick kiss and was off.

i sent him a sweet little text message letting him know he was appreciated and loved -
and that he looked really cute when he arrived at my office. *grin*.

i love my extremely patient hubby! i really do. this is now the second time in the past 2 weeks that i've inconvenienced him in pretty big ways - remember the gas incident? i'm testing his patience more than
ever these days and so far he hasn't skipped a beat.

oh to have an ounce of his patience.  i guess we all have things to work on.  patience is mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.