Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a cup of joe

to drink is human, to drink coffee is divine. - unknown
i love coffee.
not black coffee, but coffee with cream, iced coffee, mexican mochas, and chai lattes.
i enjoy the morning ritual - the smell, the taste, the warmth of the cup in my hands.
i never even drank coffee until later in my early 30s.
my parents didn't drink it so it wasn't in my home growing up.
when i went back to work when finn was an infant, i needed something to stay awake.
i was sleep deprived and tried coffee. it not only woke me up, but it was warm and comforting.
i became addicted. it was just what i needed to get through my days since i was up often at night. though i drink decaf most days, it's enough for me.
during the week, a simple cup from our fancy machine at work hits the spot.
on weekends, i treat myself to a cup from a neighborhood cafe.
no, it's not always from starbucks either.
i prefer local mom & pop shops, but starbucks is convenient and good too.
a cup of coffee just starts my day out right.
it simply makes me happy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.