Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, February 2, 2009

a tough day

mondays are usually tough, but today was unusually tough.
my company laid off a few employees due to a few large projects recently going on hold.
things had been ok, but we were all aware circumstances could change quickly, and they did.
today came as a huge shock to some. i was relieved i was in the group that stayed, but i am also a realist. these are tough times and companies will do what they have to do so they can get through these difficult times.

the crazy thing is just last week, i thought what if i were to lose my job and i got a pen out and did the math to see if we could survive. fortunately, we could BUT life would be different and things would be *really* tight. one upside, i'd finally be able to see what being a full-time stay-at-home mom feels like and i'd see more of my sweet boys. i decided it was best to prepare so i worked on my budget and decided to be debt-free by July 1st (with the exception of our mortgage and one car payment).

there is alot to be said for our parent's generation who didn't use credit cards and only bought things they could afford. i admire that and have said i want to get back to that. it's a shame it took this to scare me, but better late than never. so that's my goal and i have a plan - monthly goals to reach my BIG goal. i am crossing my fingers that i will have a job at least that long...

if things could get worse, they did. i took the boys to the beach to play and watch the sunset after my crazy day at work. on our walk back, finn stubbed his toe - in a bad way. he doesn't do well with pain and especially with blood. he refused to let me look at it until we got home. he was hysterial the whole way home which caused scoutie to start screaming. somehow i remained calm (a true challenge for me) and only after lots of hugs and reassurance he calmed down. it wasn't pretty but eventually i was able to clean it and get a band-aid on it. i missed bootcamp because of everything and really could have used it tonight. i'm hoping for a better rest of the week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.