Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

the power of positive

for myself i am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.
- winston churchill


times have been tough for so many but today was a wonderful day as there was news my b-i-l was offered a project manager job here in san diego at the company, ies. this will mean a big move and change for he and his family, but they are being supportive and he is excited about this new challenge. he is deserving and i'm just so happy for him and his family. the boys and i look forward to having family closer. i see lots of tennis playing up ahead...

**********

on the subject of work, it's been steady and since the marketing staff has been cut, i am busier than ever now. my coworker tina and i work really well together so that makes stressful deadlines a little easier. we help each other out and cover each other's market sector work (i'm on the healthcare side and she's on science/technology) when one of us is out. as a way to thank each other, we sometimes bring each other starbucks, little thank you notes and chocolate. it's little things like this that just makes my days away from my little guys, nice.

when i work 40 hours a week with my 'other family', it makes all the difference to have cooperative, supportive and positive people by my side. tina is one of these people. i mean who else could i get to wear one of these hideous wigs??!!
 
the afro twins, tina and angela, oct. 2009



























Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.