Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

sisters

how do people make it through life without a sister?
- sara corpening

 i talked with my sis jen tonight and she told me she had a really bad day, actually she's had a bad week.
i tried to listen to her instead of speaking (one of the things i'm working on) so she could just vent her frustrations.

i tend to fall back on the 'big sis' role and try to find solutions to her problems so i can help,
but i know that's not what she wanted or needed. she needed someone to talk to and to share with.
i hope i was an 'ok' listener. i'm going to continue working being a better one.
i was thinking about how lucky i am to have her in my life and in my boys' life.
there aren't any other family members on my side here in san diego - she's all i have and i want us to be close and to be there for each other. she's been good to me in so many ways: she was my roommate at the hospital after scoutie was born, my running and race partner, my shopping and movie buddy, my babysitter, our family photographer, a great auntie and well the list could go on and on. basically, she's just been a good sister and friend to me. i love her and all my sisters.

i can' t imagine not having them in my life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.