Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

the twins are home

babies are always more trouble than you thought - and more wonderful.
- charles osgood

the boys and i visted the eichorn twins - kai and katherine this weekend.
they are both home now after arriving a bit early and having to be in the nicu for the last two months.
kai came home a few weeks earlier than katherine but now they are all together and one big happy family.
it was such a beautiful thing to see.
i was flooded with so many emotions while i was there - happiness for the new parents and feeling a tinge of sadness that those newborn days are over for me. being with the sweet babies brought back so many memories of my first few weeks home with both my boys - especially my first.

sore from surgery, exhausted from lack of sleep and constant feedings, i was in heaven. i never experienced any post-partum depression with either of the boys, so i was lucky that way and my memories of those early days are of pure exhileration and happiness. with finn, i remember being so excited, i would barely sleep. i just wanted to hold him and watch him - i was in awe of this perfect little person. within a few weeks, the lack of sleep caught up with me, and i learned the importance of sleeping when baby sleeps.

i don't think it matters how much a person prepares for being a parent because no matter how much planning we do, we are never fully prepared for the change a baby brings. they literally turn our world on end. despite this, i don't know a single parent who would have it any other way.

kisses to the eichorn twins tonight and wishing a little sleep to their parents, kristi and rich.

kai and katherine eichorn



finn says hello to katherine



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.