Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

out with the old, and in with the new


happy new year friends and family!
i can't believe it's a 2011 already.
i say it every year, but where did the last 12 month go?

i've been spending the first day of 2011 recovering from an 11 mile run yesterday (so sore)
taking down our christmas tree and holiday decorations and getting our home back in order.
as much as i love the holidays, it always feels good to take everything down and
pack away neatly for next year. i feel like i can now officially start the new year.

after cleaning all morning and waking from a very long nap,
i did a little reminising as i looked back at my 2010 blog posts.
my little blog has been such an easy way for me to capture bits and pieces of 'my life with boys'.
i never thought i'd actually keep it up so long and how much i actually enjoy it.
blogging more than anything for me, has helped me to slow down and reflect more.
i am so glad i've continued to keep it up and i would venture to guess
the grandmothers are also enjoying it too.  

2010 brought lots of changes and adventures for me and our family. 
some highlights:

- selling our pb beach cottage (and getting what we wanted for it)
- moving to a new community (point loma)
- scoutie starting preschool at the rock
- celebrating my BIG bday in mexico with the boys and my mom
- a girlfriend weekend getaway in the desert
- lots of visitors to san diego: my niece lindsey, christi, grammy(s), and cousins
- i became a new auntie to nephew, jayden shappard
- i became an 'adopted' auntie to several of my girlfriends babies
- a trip to florida to visit with loved ones
- c and i had our first REAL getaway together (D.R.)

fortunately, one thing did not change,
c and i are still employed with our same companies.
we feel fortunate for this.

with the start of a new year, new year resolutions have been on my mind all week.
since i was a teenager, i've always made resolutions.
though i don't always keep all the ones i make,
i do manage to keep a few of them.

it's taken me forever to figure this out,
but i've learned my chances are better
if i keep my resolution list small - focusing on the MOST important/meaningful things.
this year my list is really short - just 3 resolutions! 

i did some on-line research to find tips on how to keep new year's resolutions because
let's be honest, we can ALL use the help in this department right?!
i really liked these :

1. be specific about your goals
2. come up with baby steps
3. be accountable
4. a slipup is not the end
5. give yourself positive reinforcements
6. don't get complacent


if you are making new year's resolutions like me,
i wish you success in the year ahead.

last night we attended a fabulous kid-friendly new year's eve party hosted by my coworker.
here's my firstborn toasting to a new year (even before east coast time)
little brother is always glued to big brother's side.

a happy finn (and slightly anxious scoutie)
bringing in 2011

finn and lucas toast to a new year



2011 is going to be a GREAT year - i just feel it!
can't you? *wink*



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.