Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

coming alive

don't ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
and then go and do that.
because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

- howard thurmanc


since receiving his dream gift from santa this past christmas,
finn spends almost every free minute he gets doing this:





























what is this?

this is BUILDING and PROGRAMMING.

this is his PASSION right now.

he started with building the most basic lego mindstorm designs and he's quickly
worked his way from the gatorbot and shooterbot up to the humanoid

thanks to the generosity of auntie jen, he even has his own netbook
which allows him to log onto the lego website so he can pull up
various designs and replicate them.

now he's building his own creations and doing very simple programming.
he was so proud of himself this past weekend because he programmed his
lego design without any help from his daddy.

he was BEAMING!
(i swear this kid is my dad reincarnated) *grin*

finn comes alive when he is doing what he loves.
he doesn't know it, but watching him encourages me to follow my passions too.

finn (my almost 7 year old!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.