Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

gorgeous gardens

today i was supposed to be up at the crack of dawn to run the carlsbad half marathon,
but after being sick for 2.5 weeks, and finishing up my antibiotics today,
i didn't think it was wise to put my body through 13.1 miles.
it was a difficult decision, and one i didn't fully make until late last night.

i will be there next year and try to run it in my goal of 2:15.
heck, if i train really hard with my friend jeff, i might even be able to do under that?
he ran today and finished at 1:52 - an excellent time and under his goal! *cheer*
several other friends, including my coworker and sis ran too.
i'm so proud of all of them and so wish i could have been along side 'em.

since i didn't have to be at a race at 6:30am and the boys now entertain themselves
in their 'invention room', c and i slept in a little bit (just an hour but i'll take it!)
for breakfast, finn helped me bake muffins and afterwards, we all tidied up the house,
and headed to the san diego botanical gardens for a few hours.

it was a gorgeous sunny day and with scoutie as our navigator (he LOVES maps),
we hiked all over the grounds, and spent a good amount of time in the treehouse
in the children's garden area. this is always the highlight of the trip for the boys.

i had my camera around my neck the entire time snapping away.
since getting a new lens, i am motivated more than ever to take photos!
the quality of my pictures are so much better than what i could get with my old 'kit' lens.
it's like opening little presents when i get home to view them. 

here are a handful from our day out.

















































getting close to nap time


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.