Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, June 11, 2010

friday funny

i've had a VERY long day
left work to attend finn's end of the year luau celebration
worked from home and then
went to scoutie's western bbq celebration.

so it's late and i'm posting for tomorrow.
i just had to share something scoutie said a few days ago.
it makes for the perfect 'friday funny'.

as i was gathering my computer and purse and heading out the door to work
scoutie called me and i turned to him.
he looked at me with those big blue inquiring eyes and says
"you look like a chicken mommy."

i stopped, looked down at my ruffled shirt (i'm wearing it in this post) and smiled. 
christopher turned to me and said "that was really funny".
i laughed outloud knowing 2.5 year olds simply call it like they see it.  
my shirt did have a thick array of small ruffles in the chest
they do resemble chicken feathers a little bit. *grin*

if you were wondering if i changed my blouse 

absolutely NOT.

i smiled and walked right out the door.
i chuckled throughout the day everytime i looked down at my shirt.
i couldn't resist sharing the story with my coworker over coffee that morning. 
she laughed outloud too. 

you better believe i'm going to record this in my quotable kid book.

have a FABULOUS friday!
xoxo

~ oh i must share that today is a very special day for our family.
my brother todd and his wife are finding out the sex of their baby.
i'm guessing a girl as our family is due.  finn is hoping for a boy cousin.
we'll find out soon enough.  drumroll....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.