Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, June 28, 2010

fabulous feel good movie

i've been meaning to post on this for so long.

a few years ago during one of mom's visits,
she brought the movie my dog skip
and said "angie, you must see this.
it's the sweetest movie about a young boy and his best friend, his dog. 

i didn't think much of it at the time,
but one weekend, i took the time to watch it.
and was SO surprised by this movie.
it's become a favorite of mine and the boys!

i watched it tonight with mom and enjoyed it just as much as i did the first time.

it's based on a true story of willie morris.
it's narrated in first person as he looks back on his childhood.
it's set in the early 1940s in a small town called yazoo, mississippi.
willie is shy and lonely (an only child in a time when big families were the norm)

he gets a dog for his 9th birthday, and his life changes forever.

the movie gives a glimpse into this time,
made me nostalgic for my childhood,
and warmed my heart as i remembered my childhood dogs
and how much fun i had with them and the role they played in my life.

if you aren't a dog lover, this movie could make you one easy. *wink*
i will keep in our family library forever and watch again and again i'm sure
(with a box of tissues close by).

it's made me a little excited about getting a dog for the boys in a few years.
i've promised them and so look forward to it!

friends - if you haven't seen this movie, you are missing out.
i promise, you won't be disappointed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.