Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, June 4, 2010

sisters

a sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and
very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.

- toni morrison

leslie will be here VERY soon and
i'm so excited i can hardly stand it.

i have some fun things planned for us
but most of it will be low-key.
with the exception of one night -
we (she) will be tearing it up on the dance floor. *grin*

she sent me a birthday card a few days ago
she had been saving it - hoping to give to me in person,
but decided she couldn't wait any longer.

along with the sweetest card, there was a gift that made me scream with delight -
the glee season one dvd which we are DEFINITELY
going to enjoy together when she's here!
that was so very thoughtful - she knows me well.

i scanned the front of the card because it was pretty
and because she included one of my favorite photos of us.










































the photo is special to me for two reasons:
- it was taken at c and i's 10 year wedding vow renewal in mexico and
- leslie made the day more special with her beautiful gift of music.
she sang this song as a duet with my father-in-law.

i miss her voice.
i miss our conversations.
i miss her laughter.
i miss her smile.

i miss my sister.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.