Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a tough day for the tooth fairy

an incident occured a few months ago that i wanted to post on.
finn lost his 2nd tooth (bottom - front and center),
and tried calling to tell me and i missed his call.
he left the cutest message EVER on my cell.
i can't bring myself to erase it.

he was so excited he could barely contain himself.
he shared he had lost a tooth and that there was lots of blood.
the good news - much to his surprise, it didn't hurt when it came out.

that night he put the tooth in a ziplock bag
under his pillow for the tooth fairy.
would you believe she forgot to come by and get it?!! *oops*

my explanation to finn?
she was simply overbooked and couldn't get to all the kids' homes that night.
there must have been SO many teeth to collect she just couldn't get to all the homes.
he concurred and said "her wings are small mom so she can't fly very fast.
we can leave it again for her tonight."

he tried again that night and sure enough,
the tooth fairy stopped by.
she even left him a $5 bill instead of the usual $1. *grin*
i can bet she will remember the next time...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.