Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

oh boy!

boys are taking over the world.
- finn gerber, age 6


















a few weeks back i shared that several girlfriends, as well
as my brother and s-i-l were expecting babies this fall.

well over the past few weeks, i have learned every single one
of these babies are going to be BOYS!!!

finn heard me talking to my girlfriend karen
about her 2nd boy on the way. i mentioned to her
that when todd and heather's little boy arrives, 
our family will have 6 boys all ages 6 and under.

finn overheard this and said "boys are taking over the world." 
i responded lord help us if this is true. *laugh*

seriously, i adore little boys, i really do!
i always have. i always felt i would be a better 'boy mom' once i took that step.  
i wrote this as one of my first entries in my pregnancy journal pre-finn
i was convinced i was having a boy, but if i was wrong, 
i was sure she'd be climbing trees, digging in dirt and collecting frogs
instead of playing with dolls and experimenting with makeup. *grin* 

sure boys are extremely loud, rambunctious and messy
but
if you can handle
their energy level,
you'll get through it.

so on the days when i feel like i need a sedative,
i just remember it will get easier
and it will get quieter...someday.
until then i keep ear plugs in and my running shoes on.

congrats to all those mommas-to-be.
auntie a can hardly wait to hold your bouncing baby boys this fall!

~ oh, i must share that our family all put in our guesses
as to whether todd and heather would have a girl or boy.
most of us guessed a GIRL
figuring we were due for one. 

we all guessed wrong.

finn however, guessed a BOY. 
he was sure to let me know he guessed correctly.
he was so proud.
*grin*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.