Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

first field trip: butterfly farm

i went on my first field trip yesterday - as a mom that is!!

i think this is a rite of passage for parents of a school-aged child,
something we look forward to so much.  we know the day is coming
when our little one won't want us there because it's not cool. *sniff*

i am hoping and praying this is still a few years away??

i packed lunches for finn and i, filled the gas tank and the
and joined 20 kindergarteners and a handful of parents at the school
before caravanning to the butterfly farm in encinitas.

i volunteered to be a driver, and this was an adventure in itself!


words can't express how BIG of a deal this day was - for finn and for me.
i was finn's 'guest of honor' all day. he introduced me to all his little friends, and held
my hand as he showed me *every* caterpillar, chrysalis and butterfly he could find.

i enjoyed learning about the life cycle of butterflies, but more importantly,
i enjoyed spending the day with my sweet fair-haired finn.
looking forward to future field trips with this little guy!

some photo highlights of our special day together:







































































































































































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.