Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

a good man



















today is my father's birthday.
i found this poem by Debra Stiles that sums up my father so well.

A Good Man
He’s a good man, so smart and serene.
Always keeps his word a
nd always says what he means.
He’s never selfish or boastful, w
ould give the shirt off his back.
Giving isn’t something this man lacks.

Family comes first and he'll protect them at all cost
Working too many hours he knows that's a loss
Integrity follows where ever he goes.
He is a proud man, and it shows.

His wife is so happy and eager to please.
She appreciates him, a
nd all his kind deeds.
His words are loving and uplifting, and always makes her smile
so she's more than glad to go her extra mile.

He knows he doesn’t have to worry. he does his up most best.
He faces his challenges and passes the test.
His friends all gather round and look forward to their visits.
He just has a way that is hard to resist.

He’s a good man, so smart and serene.
I enjoy my time with him, if only in my dreams


i miss you dad and am so grateful to have you in my life.
you are the epitome of a good man
a man who truly understands what's important in life.

if everyone had a man like you in their life,
i think this world would be a much happier and peaceful place.

i'm a lucky girl
happy birthday dad!
xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.