Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

she is my sister

she is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities.
she is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway.
she is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. she is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent,
even your shrink. some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.
~barbara alpert

oh how i love this - it sums up the relationships of sisters so well.

i dedicate this quote to one sister in particular - my baby sister, JEN!
she is celebrating her 28th birthday today *gasp*.
i can hardly believe it. this is the sister i share so many memories with.

some of these go way back: to braiding her hair (trying to),
letting her tag along with me when i was a teenager,
flying out to az to spend spring breaks with c and i during her childhood,
and then again during her college years.

she is the sister i taught to drive a stick shift, learned to surf with, can eat exotic foods with,
share books with, enjoys independent and foreign films as much as i do,
and the only one i could convince to run a marathon (26.2 miles) with me.

she's been a constant in my life and me, hers.
i wish her a beautiful day - full of things she loves: coffee, donuts, flowers, more coffee, presents, phone calls, text messages, cards, clothes, trips to target, running, music, a good comedy, a pedicure, 'as seen on tv' products, good vegetarian restaurants, and all those other things she loves that i missed *wink*
i've been so blessed to have her as my sister,
and doubly blessed to have her live close and to be able to experience so much in each other's lives together.

though she and i can be big pains in each other's asses,
we generally have a good time together and enjoy each other's company.
for this i am am very grateful.
today i celebrate this lovely woman, my sister.

happy birthday jen.
looking forward to celebrating over sushi.

hugs, ang

california poppies (jen's fav flower)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.