Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the perfect snack

my brother-in-law trevor believes bananas are the perfect snack.
he says they are easy to eat, come in their own wrapping, and are full of nurtion.
they are one of my favorites snacks too.
i eat at least one every day, usually as mid-morning snack at work.

the boys enjoy bananas too, but they love peanut butter even more.
i was making finn his favorite sandwhich - peanut butter and honey,
and remembered c telling me he liked putting bananas on his when he was a kid.

since finn is like most kids (a little picky when it comes to trying new foods or combinations),
i tried to make it 'fun' so i gave him an open faced sandwhich, sliced bananas and suggested
he make the craziest face ever. he enjoyed this challenge and when he was done,
he took a big bite and said "this is actually good mom".

doesn't this look delish?!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.