Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, July 10, 2009

celebrating life

the more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- oprah winfrey


 



today is a very special day.

i am celebrating the lives of three wonderful people who were born on july 10th.
they are: my mom - dottie, my sister - valerie, and my hubby- christopher. i
t's a day i could never forget.

i always thought it was really cool that my mom's first child (valerie) was born on her birthday.
what a beautiful gift to her that year. how could that ever be topped?

i wish i could be with the girls to give them both BIG hugs. s
ince i can't, i will share with them a few reasons why they are so special.

mom - endless amounts of patience puts her right up there with mother teresa.
truly she is a a gift from heaven and i'm have been lucky to call her mom and to have her in my life.
i hope all the kindness she shows to others comes back to her 100 times.

valerie - kind and selfless are the two words that come to mind when i think of her.
i can't remember a time when she wasn't good to me - from the days we were kids and sharing a
bedroom to my teenage years when she allowed me to live in her home (even when she was a 1st time mom. now we are adults and she continues to love me and my boys from afar. i couldn't ask for a sweeter sister.

christopher - my confidant, my partner, my lover, the father to my children and my best friend.
what can i say, i am a lucky i get to share my life with him. today he will get his birthday wish - a sunset surf session with his wife! YES i will brave the cold california water for my love. maybe we'll even catch a wave together like we used to do. *wink*

 happy birthday to you all, and here's to many many more....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.