Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, July 13, 2009

one of my favorite things to touch



i've been playing the piano a bit more over the past month and i'm enjoying it -
i'd almost forgotten how much i love to play. it takes my mind completely off
of everything and i just get absorbed into the music.
it's almost as if i'm in my own private world.

i've decided that as soon as i get my credit card paid off (very soon),
i'm going to start taking piano lessons again.
i'm not sure what studio or for how long, but i'm going to give it a go.
i've thought about it for years and i've put it off long enough.
i fear i am going to lose everything i've learned and i don't want that to happen.
my hope is an instructor can at least help me get to the level i used to be?

in the meantime, i've picked up sheet music for the song tennessee from the movie pearl harbor.
it's a beautiful song and i'm a long way from playing it well, but i'm working on it.
maybe this will be my first piece i can have my piano teacher work with me on?
the song is from my favorite composer, hans zimmer.

i could listen to it all day long....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.