Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the most important work

the most important...work you and i will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.
harold b. lee

i heard this quote years ago at church conference,
and if i remember correctly the entire talk that sunday was devoted to this subject.

i was a teenager at the time and it didn't really resonate with me on a conscious level,
but i must have stored it in my memory bank, because i think about these words from time to time.
{especially when i feel my prioritites are starting to fall out of alignment.}
it reminds me to reprioritize and realign.

being a parent is daunting sometimes because everything we do has implications.
it could be something as simple as taking an extra hour at the grocery store or staying at the office,
to the food selection we make and put on the table, to the tv shows/movies we allow in our home,
to the language we use, to the way we chose to spend our time.
everything we do has implications.

and if we forget this, all we have to do is look at our kids -
they are mirrors reflecting the best and worst of us, and so is our homelife.   
{which is why most parents are motivated to be their best selves}

so tonight's post is just a reminder for me to be mindful and to be present
because truly the most important work i will ever do is right here in my home,
for these two little guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.