Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my other role model momma

of course my favorite momma and biggest role model is my mom.

i am drawn to down-to-earth type mommas.
the ones that are comfortable dropping their kids off
in their sweats and with no make-up on, the ones who
are comfortable offering advice or sharing tips, or admitting
they love being a mom, but they need more too.
these are the type of moms that i'm drawn to.

there is a woman in my neighborhood that i admire so much. 
she has 4 children and is the most down to earth and candid
mom i know.  and she's a great role model for me.

she's too busy shuttling her kids to and from school,
to sporting practices and games, speech therapy
and girl scout meetings to worry about what others thinks.
she makes monthly dates night with her hubby a priority and
she never misses her annual ski trip with her best girlfriends. 

not only is she down to earth, but she fully trusts her instincts.
i'll never forget - she invited finn over for a playdate at her house
one day after our families met. when i picked him up, she asked if
she could drop her son off at our home the following day for a few hours.

i fell in love with her instantly.
up until then, i hadn't ever had 'drop off' playdates with finn.
he was 3.5 then and it was time - probably past time.  he was ready and
i just needed a confident mom who was willing and wanting to show me
how it was done. she was exactly what i needed. 

her confidence reminds me alot of my mom and i wonder if it comes from
raising a large family. maybe it forces one to get her dialed in quicker than
those moms with 1 or 2 children?  maybe her mom was confident and trusting
and instilled this in her children too?

however she got there, she's did and i'm happy to have such a GREAT
role model momma in my life.

here's to Mrs. B!  (she knows who she is). *wink*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.