Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, July 19, 2010

one fine day

mondays aren't usually my favorite day of the week.
but today was a good day for a few reasons
that i wanted to share and remember:

brooke (nanny) sent a text letting me know
that scoutie did wonderful at his swim lesson.
his instructor thought he had taken lessons before because
he was doing so well. i guess she doesn't get alot of first timers
who love to go underwater.  funny, because i can't remember when
he didn't like that - maybe before 6 months. he's always loved water.

i'm sure watching his older brother swim has helped.
when i came home he announced "momma i LOVED swimming
lessons with my teacher and i was i was a GOOD LISTENER."
(i glanced at brooke and she nodded to confirm it).
sure made this momma smile.

on my drive home, i was able to chat with one of my dear
friend who lives in florida.  i've had the darndest time connecting
with her so we talked for quite a while to catch up.
i was reminded how much i miss this girl and how special
it is that we've kept our friendship alive all these years.
that's something.

later christopher called me to tell me he passed the pmi exam
he took today to be a project manager.
he's been wanting this particular credential for a few months and
started studying on his recent business trips. that time away from family
was put to good use as he past the test today.
he was so happy to share the news with me and i was happy to hear it.
i'm proud of him.

in the evening, auntie jen came over for dinner with a dvd in hand
though the movie the fantastic mr fox, based upon roald dahl's novel,
was a bit unusual, it was just nice to be together relaxing in front of the tv.
it's not something i do often so it's a treat for me and a really nice one.
i'll admit i ate my share of junk food too.

last, my girlfriend became an auntie.
her brother became a father of twins tonight! 
a new baby is always something to smile about.
congrats auntie char.

though today was a monday,
it was certainly one fine day.

hope you had a fine monday as well!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.