Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

sweet christmas surprise

there is no distinction in love between a child born of or for a mother and father because parenting is rooted in the heart, not the womb.

what a surprise it was to find an email in my in-box from my coworker last week.  it read:

angela, we are going to see what will hope to be our new baby girl tonight – yes, life can be unexpected, but exciting. don’t know how deep I will have to dig to find the energy.
i was shocked and just thrilled for him and his family. 
i'm guessing my coworker is probably 50 and his wife in her mid 40s.
they adopted their son michael about 8 years ago and and i had no idea they were looking to adopt again.

i found out later they weren't even looking.
they just received a call from the agency informing them they had a 5 month old baby girl who needed a home.  WOW!!  i can't even imagine all the emotions they felt.

after discussing as a family, they decided to welcome this baby girl into their home. 
her name is nicole and she is joining their family tonight!
i am so excited for them and am sure this will be a christmas they will *never* forgot! 

congrats to the 'S' family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.