Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

random acts of kindness

no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - aesop i stood in line at henry's (our farmer's market-like grocer) tonight and was almost done checking out when i realized i forgot to get milk. since cereal is the staple at our house during the week, i sighed and commented outloud that i forgot the milk. i had both boys with me and they were tired and scoutie was fussing so i was contemplating if i should run and get it or just pick it up later that night. a young man behind me said "don't worry, i'll grab it for you. just tell me what you want." he was back in less than a minute with a gallon of 1% milk. i thanked him - more than once. as i walked to the car, i thought about what a great 'teaching moment' that was for finn. i reinforced it by letting finn know that what the young man did was nice and helped mommy out so much. a stranger's simple act of kindness went a very long way tonight.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.