Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

artists

all children are artists.
the problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- pablo picasso

i came home from work today to find fun and bright artwork taped to our kitchen cabinets.
it brought a BIG smile to my face and i thanked the boys and their supervisor (christi) for brightening my day. christopher arrived home and i watched his reaction to it as well... it was the same as mine.

it's funny how the littlest things mean so much.
i love anything the boys create - whether it's a block tower, a sandcastle or a drawing,
i treasure them. when they get a little older, i'm sure i'll be the mom who saves *everything*
or will try to.  it will be tough with a hubby who is a minimalist though

anyway, i love today's beautiful masterpiece created by my little artists,  .



























grandma is back in florida now, but the little cottage won't be empty for long.
my girlfriend karen and her family are flying in tomorrow afternoon through monday.
i'm really excited. i haven't seen karen since my trip to orlando last year.
she was a first time mommy then with an infant, and now her little guy is over a year.
it's hard to believe.  he'll be running all over the place (literally).

there is some concern about this weekend though.

we think scoutie might have 'pink eye'.
christi sent an email to me at work explaining his symptoms,
which appeared mid-morning. they certainly resemble pink eye.
fortunately, his pediatrician called in the prescription to our local pharmacy
so we didn't have to make a trip to see her - yay!!
hopefully with these eyedrops, he'll be out of the *contagious* stage in 24-48 hours
and ready to play hard. we have some fun activities planned for this weekend.

*********

a cute 'finnism' i wanted to share.
he said this as we read through this month's 'san diego zoo news' publication

me: look at the monkies scoutie
scout: ooh ooh aah aah
me: and check out these lions
finn: cool
scout: roar
me: i wonder what this is? (pointing to an unusual animal). mmm, it's says it's a tapir.
finn: now that's something you don't see every day!
me: *laugh* you certainly don't


a tapir (image: google)








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.