Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

my sunshine

you are my sunshine, 
my only sunshine,
you make me happy when skies are grey.
you'll never know dear, how much i love you
oh please don't take my sunshine away.


i sing this song to scoutie every night before bedtime - 
after we read a few stories. he snuggles in close and sits still for me - a rare thing anymore. 
sometimes he tries to sing along but most nights, he just sits and listens.

i love the bedtime ritual as much as he does and i get a little 
melancholy  when i think about the day when he will be too big for it. 
i won't think about it for now and just try to take it all in - 
all his sweetness and innocence.


i haven't posted any videos or pictures of scout for a while and it's not intentional.
i don't use the little point and shoot camera often and it's the only video capability we have. 
i've never been a video girl but i should do better - especially since it's so easy and will be fun
 to look back on. i did capture this clip a week ago or so and thought i should share.




20 months
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.