Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

where i'm from: finn

as i was filing away some of the boys' schoolwork from last year,
i came across this written by finn:

finn gerber, age 8, 3rd grade

 
and there were two more lines on the back that I forgot to scan. they read:
 
- I am from the small, floating plankton and the colassal
squid eating giant sperm whales.
 
- I am from me!  
 
 
where finn gets this stuff, who knows.
sometimes he is a complete anomaly to me,
so i love getting a little peek into his mind.
 
i don't know much about scorching grounds
and freezing space, but i do know i'm the lucky lady
who gets to parent this beautiful boy,
who fills me with awe and wonderment.
 
several times i week, i stop and think how lucky
i am to not just raise finn, but to know him.
of all the places he is from,
i hope he knows he is from a mother who
loves him more than words can ever express.
 
~ i have a couple of draft posts that i started over the break
that i really need to finish.  a few days after thanksgiving,
i hosted a baby shower for a long-time friend and coworker.
 
then the week got crazy.  deadlines have been keeping me in
the office much longer than i'd like and it's been frustrating.
i was heartbroken when i couldn't take the boys to their annual
physical last week...3rd year in a row christopher has taken them.
when i start to get sad and feel guilty about it, i remind myself to be
grateful that one of us has flexibility in our days.  it's also good for the
boys to see and understand that dads are every bit as capable as moms.
the boys will be better fathers someday for having a father in this role.  
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.