Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, December 23, 2013

the nutcracker

while my boys were away playing in the snow,
i held down the fort at home and made one last
big effort to get our home ready for christmas.

but before all that began,
i spent friday night at the san diego civic theater
watching the nutcracker with my sister jen,
my friend cathi {from my breakfast bunch},
and her sweet 7 year old daughter lia.



















it was lovely.
i don't know what i enjoyed more - the costumes, the dancing, the music.
all these years and i had never seen the nutcracker live before.  kind of sad. 
for many families, it's a tradition - the audience was packed with children and families.  
i vow to take the boys to see as children. 

i spent the rest of the weekend finishing up my christmas shopping,
wrapping presents, ordering our cards, and i even squeezed in these two
holiday 'chick flicks' - love actually and the holiday. i loved them both!
it was truly the perfect way to end a weekend sans my boys.

bring on christmas, this mom's ready.
{once she gets her boys home of course}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.