Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, June 3, 2011

through the years

i can't remember when you weren't there,
when i didn't care,
for anyone but you.
i swear, you taught me everything there is,
can't imagine anything we missed,
can't imagine anything
the two of us can't do.

through the years
you never let me down
you turned my life around
the sweetest days i've had,
i've found with you.
through the years.
i've never been afraid,
i loved the life we've made
and i'm so glad i've stayed
right here with you
through the years.

this song, by kenny rogers, is one of my mother's favorites.
she has been listening to it for as long as i can remember.

though we celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary
a few weeks ago, their actual anniversary is today, 6/3.

as i type the words of the song tonight,
i can imagine that this song has taken on a deeper meaning for
my mom over the years.

kenny sings of devotion, friendship, perseverance,
and ultimately, the love that can only be realized after many years.

congratulations mom and dad on this special milestone!!

meet my parents, joe and dottie shappard:


image: courtesy of my brother and s-i-l



















for those of you who are kenny rogers fans or enjoy the song through the years
(i admit i love it), click here, sit back and enjoy.

have a fabulous weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.