Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

nissan leaf

my coworker (and also hubby to my girlfriend, founder of the 'serious' bookclub)
showed up to work a few weeks ago driving this car:



















he ordered it over a year ago and after a few delays,
he became a proud owner of this fully electric car. 
that's zero gas people, with zero emissions!

with gas prices averaging $4.25 here in so cal, and rumored to go higher,
my coworker is very happy with his purchase and proud to be one of the
first owners of the leaf. this little family is so green
they already own a toyota prius (hybrid).

as promised, he took me for a drive at lunch which was fun.
i was pleasantly surprised with this car.
it was comfortable, had a nice sound system, gps, in-dash nav screen,
and all sorts of other gadgets.  there is even a little display that lets
the driver know how many carbon footprints they are removing from
the planet by driving the leaf.  love this feature.

i sure would love to own a fully-electric car.
finn would too.
he just brought home an assignment where he wrote down his wishes for the planet.
his first wish was for every car to be fully electric so they don't cause pollution. (no surprise)
i'm hopeful his wish might come true by his generation.

~ i haven't been posting as much these days because i've been spending
my evenings with other activities.  the school year is winding down and
with this comes lots of end of the year stuff.
we've had exhibition nights (separate post coming) and end of the year parties,
as well as some personal stuff too. 

we also had a little photo shoot last week and the the boys are also taking swim lessons
2x a week at the neighborhood ymca to prepare them for lots of summer swimming.
while they swim, i squeeze in a little workout which is really nice.  
my biggest motiviation - i need to fit into my bathing suit this summer!!
 
i've also been reading some really great books late into the evening.
they've been extremely hard for me to put down.
they are allowing me to get closer to completing #9 from my promise me list.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.