Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

the important book

yesterday was the last day of the school year for the boys
and i came home to a very rambunctious 3 and 7 year old.

i also came home to find this little book sitting on the dining table

the title caught my attention and i flipped through it.
each page discussed the importance of various things:
an apple is important because...
and it continued with the rain, the wind, the snow, etc. 
the last page read "the important thing about you is YOU. 

then i noticed the inside front cover.
it had a handwritten note to finn from his teacher.
it followed the same format:


these few sentences warmed my heart.
they sum up finn's last 2 years of school so well.
i can't imagine a more thoughtful departing gift.
(she wrote a special message to each of the children).

mrs. hawke holds a special place in all of our hearts. 
she has been with the kids since kindergarten and 'looped'
with them as they continued on to first grade.  
after 2 years together, they share a special bond.  
not only will she be missed by the kids,
she will be missed by us parents. *sniff*

last, i can't end a post without sharing a piece of artwork
that scoutie brought home from school.  he still LOVES artwork.
this pirate face, made from a white paper plate, is my favorite:



it reminded me of my friend jen's upcoming
'pirate' birthday for her 3 yr old. 
she shared all the deets with me yesterday.
it's going to be so much fun (and cute).

*************************
as for the summer sitter,
she arrived at 8am sharp, and as she stepped
through our front door, buzzers and beepers went off!

unbeknownst to me, the boys had set up various spygear by the door.
she was a little startled, but otherwise fine.
and i reminded her she signed on to caring for 2 boys for 6 weeks *laugh*

the day must have been a success because when i got home
scoutie said "it's too early mommy - you were supposed to be gone a longer time". 
(here i was thinking 7-8 hours was plenty)
that answers my q as to whether scoutie likes his new summer sitter.

this momma will be happy when the weekend comes.

c is gone until tomorrow night and though it's only been a day, i miss him.
i'm looking forward to spending some time with him this weekend and celebrating father's day. 
...been trying to think of creative ways to show my dad and my hubby i ♥ 'em.

have a Fantastic Friday!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.