Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer's here

in case you didn't hear,
yesterday, 6/21 was the first day of Summer!

like so many, i just ♥ summertime -
the sunshine, beach days, music, flip flops, visitors,
vacations and all the delicious seasonal fruits in season.
like this one:

image: woman's day























oh, how i ♥ watermelon!!

as a kid, our family grew them in the backyard.
i remember inspecting the melons with my dad,
anxiously awaiting the day they were ripe enough to pick.
of everything we planted, they were my favorite.

someday i'd like to try my hand at vegetable gardening,
but until that day comes, i enjoy picking out the best looking
and sounding watermelon at the supermarket. some might say
i'm a little obsessive with all the thumping i do.
(i try to get that perfect hollow sound

then, for the next few days, i eat LOTS and LOTS of it.
so much that i started to feel it might not be a good thing, 
until i read this article in the july issue of woman's day about
the benefits of eating watermelon.

now i feel content to continue overeating this juicy pink dessert.

enjoy all the things that make you happy this summer! 

***************************************************

~ i'm so happy my summer is starting out with a visit from my dear friend connie.
she flew in from tucson today with 3 girls in tow (two are hers and one is her oldest daughter's friend).
i'm so excited to have girls in my home - this is the first time girls will outnumber the boys!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.