Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

fun with finn

one of my goals this year is to spend one-on-one time with
finn and scout every month, and to make sure it happens,
i actually have a standing date in my calendar to remind me.

last night, i asked finn if he wanted to pick our monthly activity
and he suggested pedal boating or aqua cycling on mission bay.

after looking at both options, we chose the pedal boat because it looked easier
and we thought we would have less chance of falling overboard and getting wet!  
(it was cool today - about 68 degrees and overcast).

finn wasn't tall enough to pedal, but he did make a great 'rudder' man -
keeping us on course as we explored the bay looking for pirates and treasures.
we spent an hour on the water with me pedalling "full speed" at finn's request,
as he called out "ahoy matey" to everyone on land or water.

i may not be able to walk tomorrow,
but it would be worth it for the quality time the two of us got today.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.