Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

things i ♥ thursdays

 i ♥ vacations and since i'm here in mexico and enjoying one,
i thought today's post will be a good reminder to me when this
week is far behind me and only a memory. so here goes:

i ♥ sleeping in.
somehow even the boys sense when we are on vacation
because we all sleep later than normal - knowing there are no obligations,
nowhere to be at any particular time and the only thing that lays
ahead of us is a day of play together. it's heaven for me and something i
so rarely get to do. if only this could last.

i ♥ watching ocean sunsets.
they are beautiful back home in san diego,
but because i don't get to watch them as often as i'd like, i forget.
when i'm on vacation, i make sure to see them every night and savor them.
i've been a bit spoiled this week because this hotel we are staying at
is right on the ocean so i've been watching the sun melt into
the ocean every night. it's wonderful and beautiful.
i feel like i'm stuck in time, living a dream where life is slow and perfect.


i ♥ spending time with my boys
i don't get as much quality time as i'd like with any of them, and on vacations like this one,
where there's no agenda at all, i get lots of time with them. that's all there is - time.
i get to experience all of my boys - their sweetness, crankiness,
silliness, bickering, and i love it all. they are ALL mine right now.
this week i'm feeling like the luckiest woman alive - lucky to have
my mom here with me, lucky to have two little boys calling me 'mommy'
and lucky to be the wife of one amazing man that i can't imagine how
he can put up with me somedays.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.