Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

who's one today

my adorable nephew 'ander' is celebrating his first birthday today and i *almost* forgot it. almost being the key word. somehow it just popped up in my head and since it's almost 10pm here  - much too late to call the east coast, i have to send a bday wish to him on my blog at the very least.  i'll be picking up the phone at my first chance tomorrow.




















i hope leslie forgives me and remembers this is not typical of me.  i usually remember birthdays, but it's been a heck of a day and my mind is mush. it started with an unrealistic deadline and then i received a call from the director of st. andrews informing me that scoutie was sick, had a high fever and that c or i needed to come pick him up immediately (she doesn't want to expose the other children).  arrr - of all days!!

i quickly called c and we decided to tag team which is what often do.  he took the morning shift and i took the afternoon shift.  fortunately my deadine was extended so i could breather a little easier but scout was high maintenance - clingly and wanting mommy constantly. i kept reminding myself someday i'll miss this over and over. *grin* 

so here i am - just finishing up some work i brought home and as the boys all sleep (hopefully scoutie will sleep all pm) and i'm thinking of my nephew who has the sweetest smile in the world - really!  i am picturing it right now and smiling to myself.

Happy Birthday Ander!

kisses
auntie a
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.