Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

blessed

six years ago today, january 27, 2004,
i became a mother to one special little boy, finn oliver gerber,
and my life was changed forever. 


i had no idea how my world would be turned completely upside down when he arrived,
but i also had no idea how much JOY he would bring to my life. 
there are so many words to describe finn: kind, confident, bright, giving, loyal, gracious,
funny, articulate, inquisitive, patient, compassionate and the best big brother in the world!
i often wonder what i did to deserve him and i thank god every day for him.

tonight i am reminded of a song i listened to often when i was pregnant with finn. 
it's an elton john song from his love songs album.
i listened to it often during my pregnancy and would daydream about the
little boy i would soon be holding in my arms.
the song is titled blessed and i felt it was almost written just for me.

the lyrics:

hey you, you're a child in my head
you haven't walked yet
your first words have yet to be said
but i swear you'll be blessed

i know you're still just a dream
your eyes might be green
or the bluest that I've ever seen
anyway you'll be blessed

and you, you'll be blessed
you'll have the best
i promise you that
i'll pick a star from the sky
pull your name from a hat
i promise you that,
promise you that,
promise you that
you'll be blessed

this song will forever be associated with my firstborn, my finn.
though i can't promise him the best in everything,
i can promise him a family that will always love him and support him. 

yes, he is blessed... and our lives are blessed too.

happy birthday finn - our sweet 6 year old!

finn, one day old


























proud papa and finn - 1 week old
(pink boppy on loan from my s-i-l until my blue one came in)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.