Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

my simple indulgence

























several times a week after the boys go down, i soak in a warm bath with a good book. 

this is probably not the best thing for my skin even when i put moisturizing tablets in the tub and slather lotion on afterwards,
but i don't really care because it feels so fabulous.

often i'll light a great smelling lemon sage bath candle a girlfriend bought me (from west elm) for my birthday last year and it just adds to the ambience.  with my crazy days, i need this to unwind and destress after long days. for 20-30 minutes i feel like i'm in heaven.

last night's indulgence brought me closer to the end of my latest book - julie and julia.
it was loaned to me by my s-i-l shannon while we were in utah. it's light-hearted, a little crude at times,
but an easy and fun read. as expected there are *lots* of references to french dishes.
since i can't speak or read a word of french except for 'bonjour', i just skim over those words. *grin* 

my next book is going to be the lovely bones, a book most everyone i know has already read,
but somehow i never got to. my niece maddy brought it up when we were chatting about our current reads and she couldn't say enough good things about it. i was convinced it was time to read it and now i can't wait to get my hands on it. i've heard they've made a movie based on the book.
i'd like to see it, but only after i read the book.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.