Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

scout starts preschool

it's been a very rough past two weeks with the new routines and though it was tough for christopher and i, scoutie i think had it the toughest. he started preschool full-time at st. andrews by the sea and though c will have drop off in the mornings, i wanted to do first day drop off'. 

as expected scout was apprehensive when i dropped him off on monday.
even though we had picked up finn from this school many times together,
he said "momma no go" and cried some tears.

the wonderful director of the school, judy,
swooped him out of my arms after i said goodbye and gave him a kiss.
i heard her telling him she was taking him to see the school guinea pigs as i left.

i knew the worse thing i could do was 'linger' after saying goodbye
so i reminded myself he'd be fine and left. no tears were shed by me either.
with the second child, it's just easier. i've learned to trust my decisions and experience tells me my baby boy will be just fine.
 
when i picked up scout that afternoon,
i learned he had been upset half the day and insisted his teacher,
miss rosie hold him alot and even feed him his lunch!

my normally very independent son was clingy.
i let miss rosie know this is not typical behavior for him and we both agreed he'd adjust in time.
he had a rough next 2 days, but thursday he was much better and by friday, he was great.
i learned there were 5 minutes of tears when dad c dropped him off,
but he was happy as a clam the rest of the day.

when i arrived to pick him up yesterday (friday),
he didn't even want to leave!
now that made me feel so much better.
christi had reassured me he would be fine earlier in the week,
and though i knew it, it was good to talk to her and be reminded of it. (thx christi).

sometimes i feel as if the boys are fast-forwarding through life.
i can't slow them down, not matter how hard i try.
all i can do is just enjoy the.moments.

oh i how i love 'em! 








scoutie and mrs. rosie, 2 yr old teacher



scout, age 2 - on the steps outside the school
(we took a pix of finn at the exact age on the exact step)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.