Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

deep breaths

hope is always available to us. when we feel defeated,
we need only take a deep breath and say, "yes,"
and hope  will reappear.
- monroe forester 




closed doors, lowered voices, serious faces -
these have been common at my workplace over the past two weeks.
 times are tough and i know companies are downsizing.
i have been preparing myself - financially and emotionally
in case i found myself unemployed and was just waiting.
that was the toughest part.

final decisions were made today and i lost some great coworkers.
for now at least, i am still employed *sigh of relief*.
my business development coworker in san diego also remains
and we will continue to work hard helping to bring work in the door.

my heart goes out to my friends and coworkers who were affected today
and to those in management who had to make the tough decisions.
i would never want to be in their shoes. it's got to be hard for them too.
i'm keeping those folks in my prayers and hoping they and their famlilies will be ok.

**********
unrelated to work, i should note that the boys and i are all a healthy bunch now.
we had a horrible stomach bug and it was a very real reminder to be thankful for good health -
something we so often take for granted.

we look forward to getting out this weekend and making up for living in our pjs most of the
memorial day weekend. (christopher did end up catching it too poor guy)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.