Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, March 16, 2009

lucky in love

one of my favorite songs right now is jason mraz's lucky in love.
it's a sweet melodic duet with colbie caillat and every time i hear the song,
it brings a smile to my face and i think about christopher.

i consider it one of our songs for alot of reasons. we both enjoy enjoy it, but 
the biggest reason is we were introduced to this amazing artist when we were together celebrating.
for my 30th b-day, christopher surprised me with tickets to see lisa loeb at a small venue here in pacific beach. 

jason mraz opened for her from the moment he stepped on stages and i heard his voice,
my mouth (and heart dropped). he sung elton john's rocket man and as most would agree,
few should attempt to sing anything by this music god.

jason did it justice - singing the entire song acapella.
his voice resonated with me and i was hooked. today,
i still believe he has one of the best, if not the best voice out there.

at the time he lived in san diego and i was fortunate to be able to see him perform at java joes,
a little coffee shop here several times before he signed with a major record company and went on
to become famous. he is deserving and well, if you listen to lucky in love and want to hear more, i recommend his latest album. i promise it won't disappoint.
so i listen, sing outloud and think, yes, i'm lucky in love...
here we are playing the 'newlywed game' on valentine's day at our friend paul's home.
he invited c and me to be one of the couples/contestants that night and it was crazy fun!
friends were falling out of chairs laughing at some of our responses - anaconda particularly.

 i was wearing a tank that said lucky across the chest and even though we didn't win the game,
we were a close 2nd behind danielle and ray - who are still happily married today.

(gosh - i can't believe how short my hair was!)

 
c and i, feb. 1999
 

  

jason mraz, 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.