Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

more than coffee

if you've been married for any amount of time,
you know that the honeymoon phase doesn't last.
sometimes those little habits/personality traits we adored so much
somehow become annoying.  it's true...just ask any oldyweds.
it happens to the best of couples.

BUT

that doesn't mean we throw in the towel.
it just means we have to focus on those wonderful qualities
that made us decide to spend the rest of our life with that person.
it means not focusing on the things that drive us nuts
{for me, a poorly made bed makes my hair stand on end}

so what is all this have to do with coffee?

well i love coffee and i love my hubby and
i was thinking about all the things he does to help
keep our household running so well.

SO

earlier this week, i left this card in the driver seat of his car,
along with a cold starbucks bottled mocha frappuccino
{his 2nd favorite drink next to a blended mocha frap}.



























inside i wrote and that's ALOT!
{he knows how much i love my coffee}

he loved receiving it, and i loved giving it.

it got me thinking that it's not grand getaways that keeps marriages strong,
it's all those little things in between - the day-to-day stuff like
making time to talk, date nights, a hug after a long day of work, sweet texts,
remembering to pick up each other's drycleaning or favorite treat, etc.

i put so much energy into the little boys,
i sometimes forget about my big boy.

i need to better.
i will do better.
because i love being married,
and i love my husband.

{even more than coffee}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.