Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

fun with franka

last night i met my girlfriend franka and her kiddos at the mission bay hilton
for a few hours before she headed home to the los angeles area.
she had been here for a mini vacation over the last few days.

i hadn't spent time with her since our desert trip a few years ago,
and we were long overdue.  she was just pregnant then and now she's a
proud momma to a sweet curl-haired little girl named rylee.
{who slept the entire time we were together} *sniff*

as the boys ran around the pool acting like hoodlums,
franka and i sipped a margarita and caught up with each other.
if the boys weren't with us, we would have sat there talking all night,
since that wasn't our reality, we did what we could and committed
to meeting up this fall.

after drinks and pizza by the pool, we headed to the sand to make SMORES.
it was a wonderful evening all around. the boys got along great, had too
much sugar and slept well that night.

i came home relaxed and rejuvenated -
so happy we've stayed close through all these year.
and it's been a long time {we met in the mid 1990s}

i came home and told c my girlfriends feed my soul,
and they really do.  i learned early in my marriage,
hubbies don't {and shouldn't} take the place of girlfriends.
they each have a special place in my heart.

missing franka already...

scout (5), finn (8), ryan (5) and reese (6)



































franka and me




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.