Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

scout's first play





















today my youngest got his first introduction to theater.
he joined auntie jen, finn and i to see you're a good man charlie brown 

i'm happy to report that it was a success. 
scoutie sat still thanks to the music and dancing
{and the m and m's that we purchased before the show}

it was a nice surprise when they recognized two of the songs.
i check out the broadway kids cd series from our our local library
sometimes so they are familiar with all types of showtunes.   
{happiness is was the finale song, their favorite and mine too}

tonight as i put them to bed, i hummed this song 
{because i couldn't remember the words}
and then i asked them to tell me what happiness was to them.
scoutie said reading, his sock dog 'patches' and playing.
finn said learning about science and his family.

next it was my turn. 

i told them SO many things make me happy.
music, going to the theater, beach days with the family
and doing exactly what i was doing,
putting them to bed every night.

that's what happiness is to this mom.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.